Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Students Can Receive Tuition Assistance Through Local McDonald’s Locations

Clark State Students Can Receive Tuition Assistance Through Local McDonald’s Locations

October 10, 2023

Clark State College students seeking part time work and college tuition assistance now have the opportunity for both with the Scott Family McDonald’s restaurants.

Founded in 1972 by Ben Scott, Sr., the Scott family now owns 15 McDonald’s locations in four counties served by Clark State: Miami, Darke, Greene and Logan.

The Archways to Opportunity was created by the McDonald’s corporation to help employees at a company-owned or independently franchised restaurant, with a comprehensive education strategy offering multiple programs that give people an opportunity to grow and learn.

"I used the Archway's to Opportunity scholarship to obtain my bachelor's and master's degrees,” said Cindy Frantz, recruitment and community relations for Scott Family McDonald’s. “As a recipient of Archway's and now an advocate for all the great things it has done for me, I now help our employees reach their educational goals by helping them apply and answer any questions they may have."

Archways assists employees with finish high school, certifications, earning an associate or bachelor’s degree, and learning English.

Once an employee at any of the Scott Family McDonald’s locations reaches 90 days of employment with a minimum of 15 hours per week, that person is eligible for up to $2,500 annually in tuition assistance. Managers are eligible for up to $3,000 annually in tuition assistance.

All education funding from the Scott Family McDonald’s Archway program is accepted at Clark State for tuition payment.

“The service industry cluster is one of the largest within the region, after manufacturing, healthcare, and transportation,” said Dr. Crystal Jones, vice president of marketing, diversity and community impact at Clark State. “Clark State College is excited to work so closely with the Scott family McDonalds.”

Jones said the Scott Family McDonald’s tuition assistance opportunity supports current employees to register for traditional courses or QuickPath trainings at Clark State; in addition, current or prospective students have the opportunity to apply for a job that will support their educational goals.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu