Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Welcome Diamond Rio Back to the Stage

Clark State Welcome Diamond Rio Back to the Stage

September 29, 2021

Grammy Award winning country music band Diamond Rio will return to the Clark State College Performing Arts Center (PAC) on Thursday, October 7, 2021.

“It was very exciting to book Diamond Rio,” said Adele Adkins, executive director of the Clark State Performing Arts Center. “Diamond Rio performed at the PAC 13 years ago and are still a popular country band.”

Formed in 1989 in Nashville, Tennessee, Diamond Rio signed to Arista Records, and in 1991 with the release of “Meet In The Middle” became the first country music group in history to reach No. 1 with a debut single. The band is also known for their hits “How Your Love Makes Me Feel,” “One More Day,” “Beautiful Mess,” “Unbelievable,” “In A Week or Two” and more. 

Their most recent release “I Made It” is their tenth studio album. 

Diamond Rio released an autobiography “Beautiful Mess: The Story of Diamond Rio” in 2009 and recently celebrated their 30th Anniversary. They have sold more than 10 million albums, won a Grammy Award, a Dove Award, six Vocal Group of the Year wins (CMA and ACM), released two Greatest Hit albums, a live and Christmas project, earned five multi-week No. 1 singles, 22 Top 10 singles, three certified Platinum and five Gold albums, released an autobiography – and with zero band member changes. 

Known for their charity commitments including long-time spokespersons for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Diamond Rio has also raised over a million dollars for non-profits and received the Minnie Pearl Humanitarian Award.

Wyatt McCubbin will open for Diamond Rio. McCubbin is a 24-year-old singer-songwriter from Selma, Ohio. He said this will be the first time he has performed with Diamond Rio but grew up listening to their music.

“I am fired up to open the show and meet the band,” said McCubbin. “I’m looking forward to seeing hometown fans that have supported me ever since the first time I played at the Clark State Performing Arts Center many years ago.” 

Since graduating high school in 2013, Wyatt makes regular trips from Ohio to Nashville writing with and gaining support from some of Nashville’s top songwriters as both a writer and a country artist. Wyatt has had his songs recorded by artists such as Jake Worthington, Flatt Lonesome and Josh Ward among others.

McCubbin is excited to come back home to Springfield and see everyone and open for one of his favorite country bands, “It is going to be a night full of country music, and I’m so glad I could be a part of it!”

“We are encouraged and hopeful that with safety at the forefront of all we do, we will be able to resume live events next season,” said Adele Adkins, executive director of the Clark State Performing Arts Center.

Tickets for Diamond Rio are available at: ticketmaster.com

As of September 1, 2021, all patrons, staff and volunteers are required to wear masks at all times, regardless of vaccination status in all areas of the PAC venue.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu