Skip to Content
Community
Metallica Rocks Clark State with Scholarships

Metallica Rocks Clark State with Scholarships

August 26, 2022

Metallica are not just “rock and roll hall of famers”, the group of four rockers are now partners in education with community colleges across the country including Clark State College.

Clark State was selected from a competitive field of community colleges across the country to receive $100,000 to transform the future of students in the community.

Since establishing the Metallica Scholars Initiative in 2019, All Within My Hands (AWMH) has been working with the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) to provide direct support for career and technical education programs across the US. Having grown from a concept to a thriving educational strategy that focuses on enhancing skills while providing services to students looking to enter a traditional trade or other applied learning program, the Metallica Scholars Initiative has generated a proven and measurable impact.

“Our goal for the Metallica Scholars Initiative is to shine a light on workforce education and support the next generation of tradespeople. With the addition of the 2022-2023 Metallica Scholars program, our grants will reach over 2,000 men and women in 32 community colleges across 27 states. We are honored to support these students of all ages and backgrounds and look forward to growing the program even farther in the future.” – Pete Delgrosso, Executive Director, All Within My Hands

The Clark State Metallica Scholarship application is now open for students to enroll in the fall 2022 semester. Scholarships will cover tuition, books, materials and state-of-the-art equipment for students to obtain a welding certificate. A welding certificate can be earned in just one semester and is stackable with an associate degree in manufacturing engineering technologies and a bachelor’s degree, both offered at Clark State.

“Clark State is already on the front lines of the Ohio manufacturing and skilled trade renaissance,” said Dr. Adam Parrillo, interim dean of the school of business and applied technologies at Clark State. “It is amazing that the All Within My Hands Foundation and Metallica recognize this, acknowledging the value of our program.  Approved students will be fully funded through our 21-credit hour Welding Short-Term Technical Certificate which prepares students to directly enter the workforce.”

Clark State was one of 10 colleges nationwide and is the only college in Ohio selected by AWMH as a Metallica Scholars partner.

Parrillo said welding is a high demand career field with many jobs paying more than $20 per hour.

“How cool is it to be able to tell folks that you got a full ride from Metallica. Welding is METAL,” said Parrillo. “Headbangers rejoice!”

The Metallica Scholars application is available online at:  https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=C2Cow3H88UedEr_ddKs8FYh8t8i5VuxPjjfohP-uWSJURjBZUFBIWllKWDYySTdFUzZIWFdEUUY2OC4u

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu