Choose Ohio First Scholarship
About Choose Ohio First Scholarships
Choose Ohio First is an initiative promoted and administered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education that provides scholarships to students in innovative academic programs in STEM fields. Choose Ohio First is part of a strategic effort to deepen Ohio’s economic strength by increasing the talent pipeline for STEM-related industries.
At Clark State, we take part in the Choose Ohio First program to bolster support for the next generation of Ohio STEM scholars and industry leaders. We’re proud to award scholarships to students desiring a certificate, associate degree, baccalaureate degree, or graduate degree in eligible STEM and STEM education fields!
The Choose Ohio First scholarships are competitive, varying in amounts starting at $1,500 to $5,200 annually.
The Choose Ohio First Ohio Scholarship is sponsored by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
Eligible STEM Programs
- Addiction and Integrated Treatment Studies (Bachelor’s degree)
- Computer Networking
- Computer Software Development
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate
- Management-Logistics Materials and Supply Chain
- Manufacturing Technology Management (Bachelor’s degree)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
- Registered Nursing (RN)
- Web Design and Development (Bachelor’s degree)
Former CCP and Tech Prep students, as well as currently enrolled Clark State students that newly declare one of the above majors, are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a resident of Ohio.
- Maintain at least part-time status (6 credit hours). The award amount may be adjusted according to enrollment status.
Scholarship recipients must:
- Students must remain in a Choose Ohio First for an eligible program of study.
- Must be aware that changes to your academic program may result in loss of scholarship funds.
- Maintain a qualifying 3.0 GPA. If a recipient’s GPA falls below 3.0, a warning is issued and the recipient must bring their GPA back up to the 3.0 GPA requirement.
- Participate in two surveys per year regarding the Choose Ohio First Scholarship with an understanding that these surveys will not identify the student and cannot be used against the student.
- Maintain Ohio residency.
- Participate in educational and mentoring meetings, mandatory academic advising
Questions? We're here to help!
Melody Gast Career Services Coordinator