Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion CertificateThis program is available at the Online location.
As global interconnectedness continues to increase, leaders in government and business are seeking workers with skills in diversity, equity, and inclusion. This certificate recognizes the need for employees to demonstrate they have the skills to make a positive contribution to the workplace in this area. Coursework included in this certificate program can be applied toward the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degree programs.
Outcomes and Curriculum
Upon completion of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Certifcate, a student will be able to do the following:
- Identify differences among various group identitities
- Critically reflect about how personal identity and background shapes worldview
- Illustrate the value of diversity, equity, and includsion initiatives for organizations and employees
- Communicate effectively and participate in conversations with others about how race, class, ethnicity, gender, and other identity constructs impact work environments
- Demonstrate the competencies of emotional and cultural intelligence
|SOC 2280||American Diversity and Inclusion||3|
|--||*DEI General Elective||3|
|--||^DEI General Elective||6|
|Total credit hours||12|
^Choose two courses from the following options: ASL-1112, SPN-1112, COM-1150, GEO-1100, GEO-2200, HST-1410, HST-1420, PHL-2400, PLS-1300, PLS-2300, RST-2700, PSY-2223, PSY-2230, SOC-1110, SOC-2230, SOC 2260, SOC-2270
Questions? We're here to help!
Monnica Gavin Associate Professor, Sociology