Who is eligible to apply? An eighth grade student who:
- Enrolled in the eighth grade in Springfield City Schools, Graham Local Schools, Urbana City Schools, Clark-Shawnee Local Schools or Tecumseh Local Schools
- Eligible for the free/reduced lunch program
- Has achieved at least a 2.0 grade point average during the fourth quarter of their seventh grade year
- Neither parent / legal guardian has earned an associate’s or higher level college degree at the time of application
What are the expectations of the Scholars? Scholar Expectations:
Upon acceptance to the program, all Scholars and their parents/guardians must agree to uphold the following criteria throughout their high school career:
- Maintain a 2.0 or greater grade point average.
- Maintain 93 percent or better school attendance.
- Participate in at least 75 percent of the program activities, including attendance at monthly Mentor Sessions.
- Exhibit good citizenship. (Students must not have been suspended or expelled)
- Take classes in high school that will prepare Scholars for college.
- Stay enrolled in the district in which you were inducted.
Students maintain eligibility if they maintain district enrollment and attend Clark-CTC, Global Impact STEM Academy, School of Innovation, or Ohio-Hi Point.
How are the Scholars selected?
Eighth-grade students who qualify for the Scholars Program can complete an application online in the fall. After applying, students are interviewed in person at their middle school. The top 10 candidates are selected from each participating middle school.