Skip to Content
Community
Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap at Clark State

Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap at Clark State

March 31, 2015

The Clark State Community College Theatre Arts Program will present Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap in the Turner Studio Theatre of the Clark State Performing Arts Center on April 10, 11, 17 and 18 at 8 p.m. and April 12 and 19 at 3 p.m.

The Mousetrap – a murder mystery by Agatha Christie – is celebrating its 60th year in production. It centers around a group of strangers stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer. To find the murderer, each character’s unique background is unearthed.

Producer and Associate Professor of Theatre and Program Coordinator for Theatre Arts, Music, and Dance Theresa Lauricella said there were many factors that brought The Mousetrap to the Turner Studio Theatre, including a proposal from Clark State student Joey Ahern.

Ahern, a student in Technical Theatre who has served at assistant director and stage manager for a number of productions for Clark State Theatre Arts Program, asked Lauricella if she would support his goal to direct a full-length play before graduation this spring. “Joey submitted a proposal and concept for the show that was difficult for me to refuse,” said Lauricella. “Being a director myself, I was inspired by his vision for the show, and as his teacher and advisor, I was determined to find a way for him to meet his educational and artistic goals within the walls of Clark State.”

The cast of The Mousetrap has been in rehearsals since February. Originally, The Mousetrap was intended to be a lab production, meaning all artistic efforts for the show would be the responsibility of the director, however, an opportunity was presented when the planned spring production had to be replaced.

The Mousetrap was the perfect show to be added to our season for many reasons,” said Lauricella. “First, it was already in preparation by a director, and also 2015 marks the 125th Anniversary of Agatha Christie. It truly felt like a win.”

The show is co-directed by Paden Frank who also serves as the scenic designer for the show. “Paden and Joey work very well together,” said Lauricella. “And since Paden will be directing for the Theatre Arts Program in the 2015-2016 season, this was an opportune moment to have Paden in front of the scenes.”

The cast of The Mousetrap includes Clark State students Paula Arter and Ryan Stevens; Clark State alumni Katherine Blackburn and Joel Bonsell; Jamie Daugherty-Weaver and Paul Mitchell Smith, recently seen in The Great Gatsby; Dayton award-winning director Jimmy Straley; and Mike Hanlon who will make his Clark State Theatre Arts Program debut.

Tickets range from $10 to $12. For tickets call the Clark State Performing Arts Center Ticket Office at 937-328-3874 or toll-free at 866-PAC-TKTS (866-722-8587) or visit online at pac.clarkstate.edu

For more information, visit: Clark State Theatre Arts Program on Facebook.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu