Skip to Content
Community
Associate Professor Awarded by American Association of Community Colleges

Associate Professor Awarded by American Association of Community Colleges

March 21, 2024
Melinda Mohler wearing red shirt and red cardigan smiling. Dr. Melinda Mohler, professor of arts and sciences at Clark State College.

The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) has selected Dr. Melinda Mohler, professor of arts and sciences at Clark State College, for the prestigious 2024 Dale P. Parnell Faculty Distinction Recognition.

This recognition is named in honor of former AACC President and CEO Dale P. Parnell. It was established to recognize individuals making a difference in the classroom.

“I am honored to be a recipient of this award, which highlights the amazing work being done in community college classrooms across the nation,” said Mohler. “It is a privilege to have a job that allows me to help students imagine the possibilities available to them through education. Our students never cease to inspire me.”

Mohler has been with Clark State for more than 10 years. She previously served as a visiting assistant professor at Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio, and a lecturer at West Virginia University in Morgantown.

“Dr. Mohler is one of those people who does it all with Clark State students at the center,” said Dr. Adrienne Forgette, vice president of academic affairs at Clark State. “She teaches, she supports other teachers—including our College Credit Plus instructors—and is involved at a high level in service to the college. She is on Faculty Senate and committees where her insights are valued. She also serves as a peer reviewer for the Higher Learning Commission. Dr. Mohler is outstanding and deserves this recognition.”

Mohler was also the co-author of the 60th Anniversary book that details the history of Clark State and she initiated the Clark State Honors Program.

“Dr. Mohler’s commitment to Clark State students and to her colleagues is evident in her accomplishments at the college,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu