Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Appoints Crystal Jones as Vice President for Marketing, Diversity, and Community Impact

Clark State Appoints Crystal Jones as Vice President for Marketing, Diversity, and Community Impact

December 7, 2020

Clark State Community College has appointed Crystal Jones as the new vice president for marketing, diversity, and community impact. 

“Crystal brings with her a wide range of experience as a faculty member and supervisor as well as significant community involvement and workforce development expertise—and energy and work ethic,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “Crystal has also led our diversity efforts on campus, including the establishment of the first diversity conference in 2016. She has continued to focus in the areas that she will lead, including her visibility in the communities we serve discussing and leading conversations on race and equity, and her significant workforce leadership efforts with companies like State Auto in Columbus, Springfield Fire Division, Honeywell, Cascade Manufacturing and Park National Bank.”

Jones has almost fourteen years of experience in academia, marketing and promotions, and over ten years of professional experience building relationships with community organizations and businesses.

Jones holds a Bachelor of Arts in business management with an organizational leadership and human service leadership focus and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a healthcare management focus from American InterContinental University. She is currently on track to complete her Doctorate in Education (EdD) with a specialization in leadership in higher education from Capella University in 2023.

Jones has served Clark State in numerous capacities since 2007, most recently as assistant dean of the school of Business and Applied Technologies. She describes her new role as a demonstration of commitment to the community, industry, students and the college by existing leadership.

“Establishing a position that intentionally connects marketing, diversity and community impact is a sign of forward thinking, as well as a response to the current environment,” she said. “I am looking forward to the collaboration within the college, industry, organizations within the community, etc. Fostering connections and communicating effectively will be key to moving forward.”

Jones said the majority of her professional and personal experience has been within the college’s service area and developing connections that have been valuable in community engagement and collaboration. She has had various opportunities to represent Clark State at community events, committees and panels. Most recently, she represented the college in a panel focused on social justice with elected officials and community leaders.

“I am committed to the mission and vision of the college, and I am proud to continue my tenure at Clark State as the vice president of marketing, diversity, and community impact,” said Jones.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu