Skip to Content
Community
Clark State College Names Nazarae Butler New Director of Athletics, Student Engagement

Clark State College Names Nazarae Butler New Director of Athletics, Student Engagement

April 12, 2023

Clark State College has named Nazarae Butler as Director of Athletics and Student Engagement. Butler brings well-rounded experience to this position due to her work in academic advising and collaborating with coaches to support Clark State student athletes.

“Naz truly works from a trauma-informed lens and strives to naturally embed diversity, equity and inclusion in her work at Clark State,” said Nina Wiley, assistant vice president of Student Affairs at Clark State. “Naz has a genuine passion for the success and well-being of all students. She uses a holistic approach when working with students that truly creates meaningful experiences.”

Butler said she hopes to be a contribution to helping others see Clark State as an environment of culture, tradition, lifelong connections, and excellence in and out of the classroom.

“My goals for Clark State Athletics consist of continuing the momentum with competition and to help our student-athletes develop holistically, in and off the court/field,” said Butler. “My goals for student engagement are to cultivate inclusive spaces where students are seen, heard and proud to be where they are in their journey. Meeting students where they are will be a priority.”

Prior to joining Clark State, Butler played collegiate Division I basketball at the University of Massachusetts – Lowell and majored in psychology. She then went on the pursue graduate school at Wright State University obtaining a Masters of Education – Student Affairs in Higher Education. During graduate school, Butler served students in various campus departments including but not limited to Multicultural Affairs, Academic Advising, Career Services and Counseling and Wellness.

She has been at Clark State for two years in academic advising and also participates in the SOAR Program. SOAR Serving Our Own through Leadership and Retention – is a nationally recognized program developed to facilitate mentoring of faculty and staff on campus and assist them in identifying current and future leadership opportunities that will result in personal and professional growth.

“I am so fortunate to have now found a way to incorporate my love for sports and academia,” said Butler. “I am very excited to pursue this new role as the Director of Athletics and Student Engagement.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu