Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Military, Veteran Students Inducted into SALUTE National Honor Society

Clark State Military, Veteran Students Inducted into SALUTE National Honor Society

April 19, 2018

Clark State Community College will hold an induction ceremony for the United States military veteran and active duty students inducted into the SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society. These students are the second group of Clark State students bestowed with this honor, and all have attained a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.

“Clark State strives to be as military-friendly as possible,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “One small way that we reach out to our veteran and active military students is by honoring them through SALUTE.” 

SALUTE – Service, Academics, Leadership, Unity, Tribute, Excellence – is the only national honor society recognizing and honoring the service and scholastic achievements of student veterans. The SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society is made possible by an ACE/Wal-Mart Foundation Success for Veterans Grant and is headquartered out of Colorado State University.

The students inducted into SALUTE represent all branches of American military and veterans in higher education, at two- and four-year institutions. Members include retirees, disabled veterans, active duty military, National Guard and reservists returning to higher education, starting second careers or helping fund their college careers with military service.

Clark State student Amanda Adams is a Navy veteran from Springfield, Ohio. She served four years of active duty and two years in the reserves. She is majoring in accounting and will be honored at the SALUTE ceremony.

“It is a privilege to be honored. I am glad that my boys get to see me accomplish something while attending college,” she said. “I chose Clark State for the smaller class sizes and atmosphere. I also like the convenience of being close to where my kids attend school.”

Clark State was designated as a Military Advanced Education and Transition (MAE&T) Top School in 2018. The MAE&T Guide to Colleges and Universities measures best practices in military and veteran education.

In 2015 Clark State was the first college in Ohio designated as a Purple Heart Campus and was approved by the Community College of the Air Force as a General Education Mobile (GEM) partner. The College also features a Veterans Lounge that provides student veterans with a place to unwind, study, hold meetings or network.

The SALUTE ceremony will begin at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 24 in the Security National Bank Community Room 207/209 in the LRC building at the Springfield campus on Leffel Lane.

2018 Clark State SALUTE Inductees

Bellefontaine
Derek W. Horne        

Centerville
Brian P. Bosworth    

Christiansburg
Jessie E. Rose

Dayton
Mario M. Cook          

Jamestown
Johnathon P. Armlovich

Springfield