Skip to Content
Community
Clark State’s Dr. Crystal Jones Appointed OACC Senior Director of Workforce Partnerships

Clark State’s Dr. Crystal Jones Appointed OACC Senior Director of Workforce Partnerships

March 1, 2024
Crystal Jones wearing a white shirt with a black blazer smiling. Dr. Crystal Jones, vice president of marketing, diversity and community impact at Clark State College

Dr. Crystal Jones, vice president of marketing, diversity and community impact at Clark State College has accepted the position of Senior Director of Workforce Partnerships with the Ohio Association of Community Colleges (OACC).

The senior director of workforce partnerships supports the OACC and the Success Center for Ohio Community Colleges with collaborative efforts to increase student persistence and accelerate degree completion at Ohio’s community colleges. The Senior Director of Workforce Partnerships is also serving as the OACC’s Director of the Ohio Semiconductor Collaboration Network.

Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State, said Jones is exceptionally talented, and this position will allow her to bring her expertise to the state level and lead many statewide workforce projects, including Intel and Honda LG. 

“Dr. Jones has given so much to Clark State and it is time for her to bring her considerable energy and expertise to the State of Ohio’s workforce development efforts,” said Dr. Blondin.  "I am a firm believer in growing talent and leadership skills for the betterment of the individual and higher education, and we should all be very proud of Dr. Jones.”

Jones has more than 23 years of experience in academia, marketing and promotions, and over ten years of professional experience building relationships with community organizations and businesses.

She holds a Bachelor of Arts in business management with an organizational leadership and human service leadership focus and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a healthcare management focus from American InterContinental University. Jones completed her Doctorate in Education (EdD) with a specialization in leadership in higher education from Capella University in 2023.

Jones has served Clark State in numerous capacities since 2007.

“The opportunities, relationships, projects, partnerships, and experiences that I have participated in and fostered have prepared me for the position at OACC,” said Jones. “I am beyond grateful to Clark State College, Dr. Blondin, and all of the other professionals that have trusted me to serve. I am truly excited to start this new venture, continuing to support and advocate for community colleges in Ohio.”

The OACC is dedicated to the advancement and implementation of sound policy and initiatives that work to ensure the success of the more than 300,000 community college students in Ohio. Rooted in the belief that every person should have access to a high-quality college education, the OACC supports the mission of the state’s 23 community colleges to provide programming in technical education, lower-division baccalaureate education, developmental education, and continuing education in local communities.

The OACC advocates for Ohio’s community colleges and serves as a resource for its member institutions. The OACC provides leadership to develop and execute strategic direction for Ohio’s community and technical colleges, represents its member colleges at the state and national level, promotes the benefit of community colleges to the residents of Ohio, provides opportunities for trustee development, and facilitates the exchange of ideas and information.

“This is an exciting time for Ohio’s community colleges as the state’s diversifying economy has created many new rewarding career opportunities for our students.  In her new role as Senior Director of Workforce Partnerships, Crystal Jones will be joining OACC at an important time, where statewide collaboration with employers and community partners has never been more critical,” said Tom Walsh, interim President of the Ohio Association of Community Colleges. “Crystal’s tremendous amount of experience from Clark State will help Ohio’s colleges and our network of industry partners to build upon their successes and strengthen the talent pipeline that our employers’ need.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu