Skip to Content
Community
Clark State’s Mellanie Toles Wins Prestigious National ACCT Award

Clark State’s Mellanie Toles Wins Prestigious National ACCT Award

September 28, 2017

The Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) awarded Mellanie Toles of Clark State Community College the National Professional Board Staff Member Award at the annual Leadership Congress in Las Vegas, Nevada. Toles has been with Clark State for 19 years serving as assistant to the president.

“I feel humbled and very grateful to be honored with the national Professional Board Staff Member award,” said Toles. “I appreciate ACCT recognizing the efforts of campus administrative professionals, which greatly contribute to each college's success.”

Toles first won the award for the Central Region and was then chosen from among five ACCT regions for this award. ACCT has 1200 community college members.

“I greatly appreciate being nominated by President Blondin and the Board of Trustees for their ongoing support and trust,” said Toles. “I'm confident we have the best Board and President in the nation. It's a pleasure to serve them in this capacity as they set the standard for excellence and lead by example.”

Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State, said as assistant to the president, which includes service to the Board of Trustees, Toles has proven herself to be versatile and resourceful, and these traits have served the organization well over the years.

“This award is very prestigious, and Mellanie is extremely deserving,” said Blondin. “Mellanie’s work is essential to Clark State’s success, as she is the key staff member who serves the Board of Trustees. Mellanie’s dedication inspires us all, particularly her commitment to leading our administrative assistants on campus and her proactive approach to problem-solving.”

Toles serves the Clark State Board of Trustees in many capacities, including as organizer, planner and secretary. She also leads administrative professionals on campus and advocates for Clark State students. 

Toles’ role with ACCT is to coordinate the college and Trustees' interaction with the organization. She coordinates necessary information between ACCT and the Board and President and coordinates Clark State’s participation in various ACCT events. 

Outside of Clark State, Toles volunteers her time with Kairos Prison Ministry. Toles completed her bachelor’s degree in education and teaching license in 2010 while working full-time at the College. She continues to attend related classes to maintain her certification.

“I give honor and glory to God who has blessed me with this job that I love and the ability to do what I do every day,” said Toles. “Clark State has an amazing President, Board of Trustees, faculty and staff who work tirelessly for the success of our students. I am thrilled to accept this award on behalf of all of us!”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu