Skip to Content
Community
Clark State’s Melody Gast Appointed to Fairborn Development Corporation Board, Reelected as Membership Board Chair of OCEA

Clark State’s Melody Gast Appointed to Fairborn Development Corporation Board, Reelected as Membership Board Chair of OCEA

July 12, 2021

Melody Gast, career services coordinator at Clark State College, has been appointed to the City of Fairborn Development Corporation Board. Gast was also reelected as the Membership Board Chair for the Ohio Cooperative Education Association (OCEA) in May.

Gast is a long-time supporter of workforce in the local community. In 2018, she was appointed to the Personnel Advisory Board. In January 2021, she was re-appointed to the Personnel Advisory Board and accepted a new appointment to the Planning Board.

Gast is a long-time resident of Fairborn and believes that giving back is essential.

"My late father, Gary L. Woodward, was the Mayor of Fairborn from 2007 – 2009,” she said. “He always taught me to support the local community, businesses and workforce. In a way, he was preparing me for the occupation I have today. I love helping Clark State students prepare for their careers and assisting employers fill their open positions."  

Gast became a member of OCEA in 2005 and was first elected membership chair in 2019. This is a two-year board term and supports OCEA's initiatives of extending knowledge of, participation in and support for cooperative education in Ohio. Cooperative education (or Co-op) is a partnership between students, institutions of higher education and employers that formally integrates students' academic study and work experiences in cooperating employer organizations. Members of this association include employers, educators and individuals interested in supporting cooperative education and internships in Ohio.

"I am proud to be part of an organization that supports student success,” Gast said. “When a student connects with an employer to obtain on-the-job training while completing their education, it enhances their educational experience and career opportunities after graduation. I really enjoy seeing the awards ceremony during OCEA's annual conference, especially when the cool co-op student scholarships are awarded, and our employer partners are recognized.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu