Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Sophomore Elected Student Senate President for 2015-16 Academic Year

Clark State Sophomore Elected Student Senate President for 2015-16 Academic Year

June 25, 2015

Clark State Community College sophomore Cecil Pratt will preside over the Student Senate as the newly elected president of the organization for the 2015-16 academic year. Pratt, a sophomore majoring in Registered Nursing, has been a member of the Student Senate for two semesters.

“As far as running for the presidential position, that was not my intent,” said Pratt. “Before the end of last term, the Senate had decided to make some changes to our constitution, giving seats to elected members. By default, with the most votes, I accepted the position of president.”

Pratt, who hails from San Diego, California, said his personal goals as Student Senate president include getting more students involved with the Senate and college activities. “A major goal for the organization is to get feedback from the student body on their wants and needs that would improve their school experience,” he said. He also hopes to attract more students to Clark State.

Clark State students can become involved with the Student Senate by attending meetings, which will begin again with the start of the fall semester. The meetings are held in Room 113 of the Sara T. Landess Technology and Learning Center on the Leffel Lane campus in Springfield. “A meeting schedule will be posted around campus when days and times are agreed upon,” said Pratt.  “I'm hoping more communication with the student body will help bring awareness to the Senate, and thus bring more interest.”

Get to Know Cecil Pratt

Favorite color: “Depends on my mood.”
Favorite sports team: “49ers”
Favorite Food: “Bananas”
Fun Fact: “I take ballet class weekly.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu