Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Student Selected for Community College in France Program

Clark State Student Selected for Community College in France Program

June 7, 2023

Clark State College student Gage Kronk will be participating in the Community College in France program this month.

The Community College in France initiative helps break down barriers that keep community college students from studying abroad and gives them the opportunity to broaden their horizons, by participating in short-term summer programs, or enrolling in a degree-granting program in France.

The initiative is a part of the Transatlantic Friendship and Mobility Initiative, a joint commitment between the U.S. Department of State and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to increase and diversify student mobility between the U.S. and France.

“This trip is important to me personally because it is an opportunity to experience life outside my own culture,” said Kronk. “And I hope to gain knowledge about the life outside my own and learn to appreciate and respect how big and significant the world really is. Plus, it gives me an opportunity to represent America.”

Kronk is studying agricultural business and engineering as well as horticulture and nursery operations at Clark State. The college is committed to supporting our students to pursue opportunities to broaden their horizons.

“The Clark State College Foundation was happy to provide support to help ease Gage’s travel expenses. Our donors are committed to removing barriers for our students and are excited to hear about this incredible experience, upon his return,” said Toni Overholser, vice president of advancement.

He will participate in the “Nature: Tamed and Wild” bootcamp organized by Universite Jean Moulin Lyon 3 in collaboration with the French Embassy in the U.S. and the FACE Foundation.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu