Skip to Content
Community
Clark State to Celebrate 53rd Annual Charter Night Honoring Employees, Teamwork

Clark State to Celebrate 53rd Annual Charter Night Honoring Employees, Teamwork

February 19, 2019

Clark State Community College will celebrate their 53rd annual Charter Night on Tuesday, February 19 at the Hollenbeck Bayley Creative Arts and Conference Center in downtown Springfield. Social hour will begin at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner and the program at 6:15 p.m.

Charter Night serves to remind the college and community about the establishment of Clark State’s charter in 1966 to operate as a post-secondary institution in the region. 

The theme of the 2019 Clark State Charter Night is: “We Are All on the Same Team.”

“The theme for Charter Night really emphasizes the teamwork that it takes to focus on students from admissions through alumni relations—it takes a team of dedicated, strategic faculty and staff to focus, relentlessly, on student success,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “This focus is what we are celebrating.”

Charter Night will also recognize 30 individuals for their years of service at Clark State.

Amanda Honeycutt is the director of grounds & fleet for Clark State. She has served with the College for 35 years. She began her career as a work-study employee and then became an intern. Following graduation, she served Clark State as grounds supervisor, manager of grounds & fleet, and then was promoted to director of grounds & fleet.

Honeycutt said she enjoys starting flowers in the college greenhouses and beautifying the campus for students, faculty, staff and visitors.

“I also enjoy seeing our students grow and succeed,” she said. “At Clark State we are all part of the same team and do everything we can to help our students graduate and achieve their goals. It starts with making them feel welcome from the moment they enter the campus - just like I felt all those years ago!”

Mark McCarty has also served with Clark State for 35 years as a maintenance technician.

“I work with some great people; that can make a day enjoyable,” he said. “I enjoy that every day is different. I enjoy the challenge of the mechanical parts of the buildings.”

McCarty started his career at Clark Technical College through Manpower Temporary Employment Services. He was told the College only needed him for two or three days. “That lasted nine months, and now I’m in my 35th of year service with Clark State.”

Charter Night will also honor recipients of Staff Professional Excellence Awards, Faculty Professional Excellence Awards, Adjunct Faculty Professional Excellence Awards, the Diversity and Inclusion Award and the Champion of Clark State Award.

Area legislators, retirees, members of the Clark State Board of Trustees and Foundation Board of Directors will be in attendance for Charter Night festivities.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu