Skip to Content
Community
Clark State to Hold Convocation August 13 as President Blondin Begins 6th Year with College

Clark State to Hold Convocation August 13 as President Blondin Begins 6th Year with College

August 8, 2018

Clark State Community College President Dr. Jo Alice Blondin will host her sixth Convocation on Monday, August 13. Blondin entered her sixth year of service with the College in July of this year.

“When I look back on the last five years, I am struck by how much we have accomplished as a team,” said Blondin. “I know that Clark State has the best board, faculty, staff and students, and we have really gotten our message out there and told the story of student success that resonates across our service area.”

Clark State student-athletes will be present at Convocation to introduce the Higher Learning Commission’s Criteria for Accreditation, and Blondin will speak briefly about the upcoming HLC visit in December. Dr. Linnea Stenson, the Clark State staff liaison at the Higher Learning Commission, will also elaborate on the details of the HLC visit.

Blondin will highlight Clark State updates, such as the REACH project in Xenia, Rhodes Hall renovations (Phase I and Phase II), the new health clinic, applied bachelor’s degrees, safety and security and the revised strategic plan.

“I look forward to identifying and implementing more programs that carry Clark State’s mission out into the community, such as the Xenia REACH Center,” she said. “Of course, the applied bachelor degree programs are exciting developments, and the work we are doing with Mercy on a community and student-serving clinic in the Applied Science Center is a wonderful collaboration that benefits our employees, our students and the communities we serve.  In other words, I look forward to more win-wins!”

Blondin said the Clark State board, faculty and staff are all on the same team and transitioning the campus to focus on the 100 percent performance-based funding model is a collective achievement for the entire campus.

“I am so proud to work with such dedicated and student-centered board members, faculty and staff,” she said. “Students are truly at the center of everything we do, and the gains that we have made as a result of this focus accrue to their benefit.”

Clark State Convocation will begin at 7:30 a.m. at the Hollenbeck Bayley Creative Arts and Conference Center. Clark State campus will open at 11:30 a.m. following Convocation. 

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu