Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Welcomes New Vice President of Academic Affairs

Clark State Welcomes New Vice President of Academic Affairs

November 5, 2018

Clark State Community College has named Dr. Tiffany Hunter as the new vice president of academic affairs.

“Dr. Hunter has the extensive academic experience, commitment to student success and collaborative approach to working with faculty that we need at Clark State,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “As vice president of academic affairs, Dr. Hunter will work closely with the faculty to ensure that we meet student needs and provide transfer and workforce programs that are responsive to student and employer needs. I look forward to working with Dr. Hunter to increase student success at Clark State.”

Hunter has served as dean of education and human services at Florida State College at Jacksonville for the past seven years. She has worked in higher education for 20 years and in administrative roles, in both two- and four-year institutions for ten years. In her role as dean, she had oversight of non-credit as well as associate degrees and bachelor’s degrees in early childhood education, the Human Services bachelor’s degree program, the Educator Preparation Institute and several grants and initiatives.

She received a B.A. in political science from UNC-Greensboro, an M.A. in birth-kindergarten education from Lenior-Rhyne University, an M.S. in education and a Ph.D. in leadership for higher education, both from Capella University.

Hunter said she is looking forward to engaging collaboratively with the college community and business partners in the Clark State service areas. “My goals for my new position are to build collaborative relationships with community partners to strengthen the pathway to accessible education, create initiatives that will grow programs, and provide support to faculty in their work both in and out of the classroom,” she said.

Hunter serves as a commissioner for the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Higher Education Programs and serves on several early childhood and education boards and committees in Florida. Her career in early childhood education has included being a public school teacher as well as teaching in higher education in both two- and four-year institutions.

Hunter will begin her new role at Clark State as vice president of academic affairs on January 14, 2019.

“I am so honored to have been selected to serve as the vice president of academic affairs at Clark State Community College,” said Hunter. “I am looking forward to working with Dr. Blondin, the leadership team, the faculty, the staff, the students and my family becoming ingrained into the community.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu