Skip to Content
Community
Dr. Jo Alice Blondin Elected Board President-Elect of The National Council for Workforce Education

Dr. Jo Alice Blondin Elected Board President-Elect of The National Council for Workforce Education

June 27, 2016

Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State Community College, has been elected board president-elect of The National Council for Workforce Education, effective July 1, 2016. The National Council for Workforce Education serves as the national forum to affect and direct the future role of two-year and other postsecondary institutions in workforce education and economic development. Members include administrators and faculty in workforce education and basic skills as well as representatives of business, labor, military and government.

“My goal as president-elect and then president is to advance the mission of the National Council for Workforce Education. I will ensure that providing resources for occupational education is front and center in all policy discussions at the state and national level regarding workforce development,” explained Dr. Blondin.

Dr. Blondin has been the vice president for programs at the National Council for Workforce Education since July 2013. Prior to her service as vice president, she served on the National Council for Workforce Education board as a regional director for two years.

Darlene Miller, NCWE executive director, remarked, “Jo Alice’s variety of experience, both professionally and with NCWE, will bring an all-encompassing perspective of workforce professionals. As president-elect, Jo Alice’s contributions will prove to be invaluable while we continue to provide support, resources and best practices to our members and the workforce education arena.”

In 2013, Dr. Blondin became the fifth president of Clark State Community College. Prior to Clark State, Dr. Blondin served as chancellor of Arkansas Tech University — Ozark Campus for seven years. There she was also chief academic officer; chief student officer; department chair of English, Communication, and Social Sciences; and English professor. She holds both a doctorate and master’s degree in English from Arizona State University and a bachelor’s degree from Purdue University, where she majored in English with a minor in Spanish.

When discussing how her involvement with NCWE benefits her local community, Dr. Blondin articulated, “My involvement allows me to engage with workforce education colleagues and policymakers nationally so that I can apply best practices and advocacy for workforce development and training in my region.”

The National Council for Workforce Education provides the link between policy and practice. NCWE drives workforce education and economic development by providing support, research and critical information to members on current and future trends and policies. As a national forum for administrators and faculty in workforce education and basic skills, NCWE promotes student success and excellence in education and training.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu