Skip to Content
Community
Faculty named to Dayton’s Forty Under 40

Faculty named to Dayton’s Forty Under 40

March 25, 2024
Megan Platfoot wearing a cream top and navy blazer, smiling with her hands on her hips. Megan Platfoot, chair and faculty member for Clark State College’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography program.

Dayton Business Journal has named Megan Platfoot, chair and faculty member for Clark State College’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, to their 2024 Forty Under 40. The award recognizes the Dayton area’s most extraordinary business and community leaders under the age of 40.

“It is an honor to be named to the Dayton Business Journal's Forty under 40 list. I am profoundly grateful for the support and guidance of many individuals in my career,” said Platfoot. “I look forward to continuing to strive for the best for Clark State students and to make meaningful contributions to our community and beyond.”

Platfoot developed Clark State’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography program which trains students to assist radiologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons in determining a medical diagnosis and treatment plan for patients. To do so, sonographers use high frequency sound waves to image structures within the body.

“As a first-generation college student, I know the importance and value of higher education. I am proud to work with so many talented individuals who place student success at the forefront,” said Platfoot, who, as a former sonographer, brings real-world experience to her teaching.

In addition to developing and chairing a new program, Platfoot is a member of Clark State’s Faculty Senate, the Completion and General Education Assessment Committee, and the SOAR mentor program.

Her previous honors include receiving the Excellence in Sonography Distinguished Educator Award from BB Imaging in 2023 and earning program accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.

“Megan is recognized by everyone, including students, colleagues, college leadership and external partners for her positive, can-do attitude,” said Taylor Flora, Clark State grants development manager. “The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program would not exist without her unwavering dedication to moving Clark State College forward, advancing her profession and improving the lives of students and patients in the region.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu