Skip to Content
Community
More than 40 CCP Students on Track to Earn Clark State Degree and High School Diploma

More than 40 CCP Students on Track to Earn Clark State Degree and High School Diploma

March 19, 2024

Along with earning their high school diplomas, more than 40 local high school students are on track to receive their two-year associate degrees as graduates of Clark State College. The students enrolled at Clark State through Ohio’s College Credit Plus (CCP) program will graduate with the class of 2024 at spring commencement on May 11.

“Clark State College has continued to strengthen relationships with area high school partners to offer a high-quality education to students,” said Caity Sellers, assistant director of early college programs at Clark State. “Many students have the opportunity to take Clark State courses at their high school taught by high school teachers, that are credentialed per Higher Learning Commission guidelines, online or on-campus.”

Since the inception of the formal CCP program in the fall of 2015, Clark State has saved students $25,826,877.20 in tuition through the summer of 2023.

This spring semester, 1,873 students are enrolled in CCP courses through Clark State; up 3 percent.
The state-funded CCP program allows students to earn college credits while in grades 7-12 at no cost. Students can enroll in courses at Clark State and receive credit for high school requirements and for college credit. These credits may be used at Clark State or for transfer to another college or university after high school graduation. This state-funded program covers tuition, books and fees.

By enrolling at Clark State to complete an associate degree, students will experience a significant cost savings before transferring to a four-year institution.

Natalee Fyffe is a senior at Global Impact STEM Academy (GISA) in Springfield, Ohio. She completed 17 courses – 60+ credit hours - through the Clark State CCP program and will graduate with an Associate of Science degree.

Fyffe said the CCP path enhanced her education in many ways.

“Being able to get the college experience while in high school has made me very comfortable with my future,” she said. “I know the expectations of my college professors and how to work well with them.”

Fyffe said GISA was very accommodating and helpful with the entire CCP process and paid for both the classes and the textbooks.

“Now, I get to continue on with my college career with two years under my belt, debt-free,” she said.

Jamison Truebenbach, chief academic officer at GISA, said CCP fuels student success by bridging the gap between high school and college seamlessly.

“It’s a transformative option that expands academic horizons and cultivates essential skills for the future,” she said.

Dr. Monna Hess, college and career pathway coordinator at GISA said college credits earned in high school that transfer to other institutions allow students to double major or minor more easily and may also reduce the time needed to complete subsequent degrees.

Following graduation, Fyffe plans to continue her education at Clark State and earn a degree in Radiographic Imaging.

“The GISA and Clark State collaboration has made Natalee achieving her associate degree along with high school diploma so smooth,” said Natalee’s mother, Holly Fyffe. “The Clark State teachers are very helpful, understanding and encouraging to high school students. A free college education will start her out debt free. We are very thankful for the CCP program.”

Sellers said Clark State hopes to continue empowering College Credit Plus students to get a jump start on their college career.

Clark State CCP students will be honored at Student Recognition Night on May 1.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu