Skip to Content
Community
Project Jericho REWIND & FAST FORWARD Live Concert!

Project Jericho REWIND & FAST FORWARD Live Concert!

May 18, 2016

Project Jericho, a nationally acclaimed outreach program based at Clark State Community College in Springfield, will host a free concert event called Project Jericho REWIND & FAST FORWARD at 5 p.m. on June 2 at the Clark State Performing Arts Center.

The concert will feature local youth participating in Project Jericho’s My SONG program. Local youth auditioned for the opportunity to write, record and perform original songs in a songwriting intensive with guitar virtuoso and Project Jericho lead artist Michael Kelsey. In addition to featuring the original music produced during My SONG, this special concert will also feature a lobby display celebrating 16 years of Project Jericho. Following the performance, everyone is invited to a Sweet 16 birthday celebration in the lobby and outside.

"This is the sixth annual Project Jericho My SONG program," says Scott Dawson, creator of Project Jericho My SONG and faculty coordinator of New Media and Graphic Design at Clark State.  “For this My SONG, some of our My SONG graduates are returning to the stage to REWIND us back to the success of some of our previous projects while the current My SONG youth will FAST FORWARD us with their positive message of hope for the future.”

In addition to the concert, there will be two CDs released. REWIND will be a collection of select tracks from previous My SONG albums, and FAST FORWARD will feature original music written during the most recent project sessions. These albums will be available for free download from CDBaby.com. Previous Project Jericho My SONG albums are also available for free download.

Project Jericho is a collaborative program of the Clark State Performing Arts Center and the Clark County Department of Job and Family Services with additional funding provided by the Ohio Arts Council and The Turner Foundation. This specific project is supported by Award No. 16-7800-7020 awarded by the National Endowment for the Arts Challenge America program.

For more information, contact Project Jericho at 937-328-3869 or visit Project Jericho online.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu