Skip to Content
Community
Teeple Named Assistant Dean of Arts and Sciences at Clark State

Teeple Named Assistant Dean of Arts and Sciences at Clark State

January 11, 2024

Dr. Jamie Teeple has been named assistant dean of the school of arts and sciences at Clark State College.

The Assistant Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, provides leadership in the areas of K12 partnerships, student concerns, transfer initiatives, assessment of learning outcomes, and general day-to-day school activities.

"It is a tremendous honor to be able to serve as the Assistant Dean of Arts and Sciences for Clark State,” Teeple said. “Without the outstanding educators I've encountered in my past, I would not be able to pursue this dream today. These individuals have emphasized the importance of humility, empathy, curiosity, care, and rigor during the pursuit of learning.”

In his new role, Teeple will work with and assist faculty in the development of learning outcomes (program and CORE), assessment processes, and program improvements. He will also assist and advise students in academic difficulty.

The Assistant Dean also works with school faculty and coordinators, and with other academic schools to assure proper scheduling of required General Education courses. Teeple will provide leadership in the areas of Transfer Assurance Guides (OT36 and TAG) and assist the dean in day-to-day school operations and directs the school in the dean’s absence. 

Teeple earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, with concentrations in philosophy, sociology, and linguistics, from McGill University in 2008. He served as a substitute teacher for Toledo Public Schools from 2008 to 2011 before earning a Master of Education degree, with a concentration in Educational Theory and Social Foundations of Education, from the University of Toledo in 2013. He then earned a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Educational Studies, with a concentration in Philosophy of Education, from The Ohio State University and has served as a Visiting Assistant Professor at both Denison University and Dickinson College, and more recently as an Assistant Professor of General Education at Capitol Technology University. At Capitol, he also served as the Director of General Education and then Dean of Academics.

“As an Assistant Dean for Clark State, I seek to model my mentors' approach to learning, learners, and the study of the arts and the sciences,” said Teeple. “Although I've only been in this role since November, I've already gained lifelong colleagues and friends here and look forward to growing with the amazing Clark State community."

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu